● Northwestern Band of the Shoshone Nation, Aboriginal Place Names Project
● Laurance D. Linford, Navajo Places: History, Legend, Landscape. (Salt Lake City:
University of Utah Press, 2000).
● Ralph V. Chamberlain, “Place and Personal Names of the Gosiute Indians of Utah”,
Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society, Vol. 52 No. 208 (Jan.-Apr., 1913),
● Julian H. Steward, “Basin Plateau Aboriginal Sociopolitical Groups”, American
Anthropologist, Vol. 42 No. 1 (Jan. 1940), pg. 136-138.
● Rufus Wood Leigh, Five Hundred Utah Place Names: Their Origin and Significance (Salt
Lake City, 1961).
● Rufus Wood Leigh, Nevada Place Names: Their Origin and Significance (Salt Lake City,
● Utah Historical Quarterly, Vol. 1 No. 1, (1928), pg. 26-56.
● United States Geographic Survey, Board on Geographic Names,
● Forrest S. Cuch (ed.), A History of Utah’s American Indians. (Salt Lake City: Utah State
Division of Indian Affairs / Utah State Division of History, 2003).
● Isabel T. Kelly, “Southern Paiute Bands”, American Anthropologist, New Series, Vol. 36,
No. 4 (Oct. - Dec., 1934), pg. 548-560.
● James M. Aton and Robert S. McPherson, River Flowing From the Sunrise: An
Environmental History of the Lower San Juan. (University Press of Colorado, Utah State
University Press, 2000).
● George W. Hill, “Vocabulary of the Shoshone Language,” (Salt Lake City: Deseret News
Steam Printing Establishment, 1877).
● Mary Hudson Brothers, “Place Names of the San Juan Basin, New Mexico”, Western
Folklore, Vol. 10, No. 2 (Apr. 1951), pg. 165-167.